The Importance of Estate Planning in Michigan
The most common misconception about Michigan estate planning is that it is merely a way to pass assets on to your heirs after death. Estate planning is essential for people of all ages, but the need for planning becomes even more critical as we age. It is a common misconception that an estate plan is only for rich people. However, an estate plan is helpful for the senior adult and their families regardless of overall wealth.
A successful estate plan needs to be comprehensive and well-designed and will include asset protection, planning for long-term care and incapacity, tax planning, and they plan to pass your assets on to your heirs.
Our Unique Process to Meet Your Michigan Estate Planning Goals:
- Making all the necessary arrangements for an appropriate estate plan can seem overwhelming. We start with a consultation to explain the legal process and answer any questions you may have for your estate planning needs.
- Understand You and Your Goals. We begin by learning about you and your family to help you identify your estate planning goals.
- Make a Plan. We use the most advanced legal techniques available to help you take full advantage of recent changes to the law and better prepare for the life changes that will impact you and your family.
- Take Action. We can then help you create and implement a custom-designed estate plan that will meet your goals and bring you peace of mind.
We have guided thousands of families through the estate planning process, which has provided them with asset protection for their heirs, probate avoidance, asset protection from medical costs, and the elimination of estate taxes.
Our experience and mastery of the law in this area also means that even if you already have an estate plan, chances are we can make it significantly better. And if you haven’t had your plan reviewed for several years, you should. An outdated or inadequate plan is often worse than no plan at all.
A successful estate plan will make it easier to manage your financial and legal affairs in case of incapacitation and upon your death. There are many tools used in the process of estate planning in Michigan, including:
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Probate Avoidance Tools
- Tax Planning Tools
- Financial Power of Attorney
- Health Care Power of Attorney
- Living Wills
- HIPAA Release
- Last Will and Testament
- Lifetime Gifting
- Joint Ownership
- Beneficiary Designations
- Life Estates
Casterline Law has provided estate planning solutions for families with unique issues, including special needs children, children with alcohol or substance abuse problems; family business succession; and children in troubled marriages or debt trouble. We will help you with your unique issues and craft a plan that achieves your goals.
Choosing an experienced, compassionate, and trustworthy estate planning lawyer who will work with you to accomplish the goals you have for your family is the first step toward a successful estate plan. Let us be your guide through this vital planning that will preserve your family’s legacy.
Casterline Law Offices, PLLC provides clients with personalized attention focused on each individual’s unique needs. Our legal services include Medicaid planning, estate planning, veterans benefits planning, probate, and real estate law for our Southeast Michigan community. Contact our St. Clair Shores, MI office or our satellite offices in Shelby Township or Novi, MI, to discuss your legal matters today.