John Casterline is the founder of Casterline Legal Services and is a nationally recognized asset protection expert who has helped thousands of families grow, preserve, and protect their assets.
John has been in private practice for over twenty years and thoroughly enjoys helping retirees and their families protect their assets by utilizing his broad depth of experience in Medicaid Planning, VA Planning, Tax Planning, Real Estate Law, and Estate Planning.
John understands his client’s families’ stress and brings compassion, understanding, and even humor to the table when counseling them. This combination of knowledge and compassion gives him the ability to provide strategic legal solutions for clients facing any of the following issues:
- Protecting assets from long-term health care costs.
- Utilizing available resources to help pay for long term health care.
- Avoiding probate in Michigan.
- Eliminating estate taxes.
- Helping wartime veterans and their spouses qualify for and receive a special pension from the Veterans Administration.
Each family faces a unique set of facts, challenges, and issues. John combines his legal experience and his gifts of compassion and encouragement to provide each family with the unique legal solutions, understanding, and peace of mind they need.
John Casterline has educated retirees, veterans, widows, children, and grandchildren through educational seminars. His expertise is nationally recognized, and he has trained over one hundred attorneys from across the country on how they can implement Attorney Casterline’s legal strategies in their practices. Additionally, he has educated financial planners, accountants, bankers, and other professionals about the legal issues facing the elderly and how, as a team, they can help deliver legal solutions.
○ J.D., Juris Doctorate, University of Oregon School of Law
○ B.S., Bachelor of Science in Economic Science, Montana State University
○ Federal Eastern District of Michigan
○ Nationally Accredited Veteran’s Attorney
Professional & Bar Association Memberships:
○ State Bar of Michigan
○ National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
○ Elder Law and Disability Rights Section of the Michigan Bar
○ Probate and Estate Planning Section of the Michigan Bar
○ Board Member of the Wayne County Medical Society Foundation